WE'VE MOVED

The new site is officially up and running! We'll still be making adjustments along the way, but overall, we here at Our Hearts Unhindered are content enough to move from one location to the next. To move with us, click here.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Don't Wait

Perhaps this is why I've never been inclined to wear one – I had never stopped to put my thoughts into words, but if I had, I hope it would have sounded like this:

http://gracefortheroad.com/2012/02/03/idontwait/

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Every now and then, I'd look at my purity ring and wonder what I'd say if someone asked me what it was and why I wear it. Immediately the 'waiting for right guy' response would come to mind, but then I'd always push it away; it didn't feel right and I knew that wasn't it. Always the end result would be, 'I wear it as a sign of my commitment to God's Plan'. Of course that means the obvious and general 'marry him first' (after all, if you truly and wholly commit to God's Plan, only doing it God's way will be permissible), but on a personal level it meant surrendering to His Will and devoting myself to knowing and loving Him- whether or not a husband was part of the package. For me that was never part of the focus. God is why I got the purity ring in the first place and why I continue to wear it, not for a husband.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts? I'd be curious to know. Keep in mind I reserve the right to moderate every comment.