WE'VE MOVED

The new site is officially up and running! We'll still be making adjustments along the way, but overall, we here at Our Hearts Unhindered are content enough to move from one location to the next. To move with us, click here.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

What You Probably Haven't Thought About: Homosexuality

Please read this article from CNS: http://ow.ly/AMGEb

I know this is a touchy subject and most Americans think exactly what I don't, even if we're on the same side about same-sex marriage.

Here's the thing: I'm not homosexual.  Whatever feelings I have felt over the course of time, I have never labeled myself homosexual.  I can't report on the feelings and experiences of those who do claim to be homosexual and I don't mean to try.  But please don't label me homophobic just because I don't think they should get married or make out.  Being attracted to the same sex is not culpable in so far as it is not intentional.  If indeed people are "born this way," of course it is not their fault.  If it's developed later in life, it still isn't their fault necessarily, because it's not a choice.

But mental disorders can also be from birth or be developed later in life.  And homosexuality, like mental disorders, is contrary to how the human being should be.

That's hard to digest, I know.  Autistic children are still children, they are still of God, they are still persons.  God is calling them, despite and because of autism, to something special.  But autism isn't how it's supposed to be.  We strive for a cure for autism, or cleft palate, or conjoined twins, and we celebrate when breakthroughs are made.  Being born a certain way doesn't mean that you're stuck that way.

I know.  If only laws and society would allow gays to function as they wish, homosexuality wouldn't interfere with life and couldn't possibly be considered a disorder, blah, blah, blah.

Procreation is supposed to lead to reproduction – which you'll see is important.  And some scientific findings, which are for some reason on the DL, have supported my convictions about sexual ambiguity.

Look at your body.  Whether it's homosexuality or transvestism, the mind simply does not agree with reality.  Science is evolving, I realize.  As you may have guessed, I disagree with some of the new methods.  But look at the anatomy.  Men are made to be men and procreate with women; women are made to be women and procreate with men.  So what's wrong here: the body or the mind?

Scientific advancements can now solve the challenges that homosexuals and transvestites face but in many cases, apparently, transvestite patients did not find mental peace through this procedure; and "on-demand" progeny are separated from their biological fathers and mothers – which can happen anyway but it's not the ideal, and it's not the sort of act you normally associate with love.

And again, why are we trying to change the body instead of the mind?  Perhaps all you need is a broader understanding and acceptance of femininity or masculinity.

What's more, young children are encouraged to experiment, to consider both sides of the coin.  They don't even know there is a coin before puberty!  What they know is social pressure and embarrassment.  A friend of mine in psychology recently pointed out to me, "At puberty, a lot of kids have questions and doubts.  They get teased by their peers, whereas the gay community is very accepting [by necessity] and so many young people associate themselves with the gay community and think that they are gay because they found acceptance there.  And if they seek counseling, they're going to be encouraged to accept their homosexual feelings, even if those feelings don't really exist in the individual's case."

If you had lost your leg and I commanded you to follow me into the next room, I'd be a horrible tease to expect you to follow my orders.  A person in the midst of a panic attack can't just calm down.

So if you're a man and I forced you to marry a woman even though you were attracted to men, I'd be committing a horrible injustice on both you and your wife.  But I'm not saying that.  I'm saying, your mental reality doesn't correspond with the physical.  Why are we trusting the mental one?  And studies have shown that homosexuality is treatable.

Show me proof that homosexuality is so deeply ingrained in the person that it is who they are, not just something that's going on in the brain.

That's only one shot of homosexuality.  Ethics, morality, and the Catholic Church have other positions from which homosexuality must be considered, for good or ill, but I didn't consider them here.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? I'd be curious to know. Keep in mind I reserve the right to moderate every comment.